It has been a couple of weeks since I went to my first Carrie’s Pilates Plus reformer class. The first time, I went to the studio’s standard CPP workout class. I think my body forgot how intense it is! 😀
This time on ClassPass, I noticed a Carrie’s Pilates Plus Abs and Booty workout so I felt inclined to go considering those are the two areas I’d like to work on.
Class: Surprisingly, though this class was during the day, the class was all full and actually had a waitlist. Do yourself a favor and make sure to reserve your class ahead of time! The class consisted of a lot of pulsing squats that worked your outer AND inner thighs. Try pulsing on a moving platform, such as the Megaformer, while keeping your balance. Eek. Tough workout and I was honestly sweating within the first 5 minutes of class.
Much like my first experience at CPP, the classes move FAST. The instructor will call out names of positions and if you’re new to Pilates, you will be like “Huh?” so it’s beneficial if you go to class a few minutes early and let the instructor know that you’re new.
No pain, no gain: Feeling the burn in you guessed it my abs and glutes!
- Water station is available
- Validated parking ($2 for an hour), off of La Cienega
- I took Jessica Lee’s class and loved her energy! She was very attentive and came by to correct form and helped me understand what some of the positions were
- As noted in my previous review, you WILL sweat. Towel is highly recommended
- If you want a cardio burn as well, make sure to check out CycleHouse West Hollywood which is right across the street
8500 Melrose Avenue
West Hollywood, CA 90069